Reno, NV (February, 2018) – The Washoe County School District (WCSD) is seeking applicants for several of its advisory committees. WCSD utilizes a variety of community advisory committees to serve the District’s 64,000 students and their families.
Zoning Advisory Committee—Meets monthly
- Evaluates and make recommendations related to school attendance zones.
- For information about this committee, visit: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/6391
- The Zoning Advisory Committee is seeking to fill a vacated seat in the following category: 1 Educational Support Staff person, 1 At-Large Parent/Guardian or Community Member. The term of the seat ends June 30, 2018 but may be extended through next term ending June 30, 2020.
School Naming Committee—Meets periodically, as needed
- Evaluates and make recommendations related to the naming of new schools.
- For more information about this committee, visit: https://www.washoeschools.net/Page/6534
- The School Naming Committee is seeking to fill a vacated seat for a term ending June 30, 2019.
Council on Family Resource Centers—Meets periodically, four times annually
- Creates the action plan to be implemented by each of the District’s Family Resource Centers.
- Review and provide recommendations to the Superintendent related to the function of the Family Resource Centers, which may include education on caring for infants, health care services for children, and programs to assist students and their families.
- For information about this committee, visit http://washoeschools.net/Page/5784
- The Council on Family Resources Center is seeking to fill a vacated seat through June 30, 2018.